This salad is TOP. INSANELY DELICIOUS. FANTASTIC. I cannot get enough of it. I could eat it every day – for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And if you’re also totally obsessed with almond butter, this is a recipe for you.
EVERYTHING tastes better with a spoon of Rok’s almond butter. At first, I ate it with fruit. Then I mixed it into yogurt. Finally, I just had it by the spoonful. And then it hit me – what about savoury dishes?
Revolution. For real. Who would have thought that minced meat tastes so abnormally good if you mix it with some almond butter? In order not to get stuffed purely on protein, I turned this deliciousness in a healthy salad. Simple. Quick. YUMMMMMY!
Ingredients (for 1 person):
- Approximately 3 cups of salads + vegetables as desired (or as much as it you’d like – hey, if you’re hungry, you’re hungry)
- 120g of ground beef
- Half of the onion, cut into slices
- Spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, turmeric … whatever is handy)
- Butter or avocado oil for cooking
- If desired, home-made mayonnaise or some simple olive oil and apple cider vinegar will do
- 2 tablespoons of Rok’s Almond Butter (MMMM)
- Heat up the pan, add butter or avocado oil.
- Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes to soften. If it starts to burn, add some water.
- Now add the minced meat and spices and cook until the meat is cooked through – about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let the meat cool for a bit.
- In the meantime, prepare your salad (lettuce, pickles, cabbage salad, tomatoes) and mix well with mayonnaise or olive topping.
- Mix almond butter with meat (I’m already getting hungry just writing this)
- Place the meat on the salad.
- Eat instantly and hide the jar with almond butter in the drawer, as it is possible that the arm will automatically reach for it and will suddenly be missing half of the jar.