A simple dessert recipe is always handy – whether you have some unexpected visitors or you wish to treat yourself after dinner.
Almost everybody loves pudding, right? The big question, however, is…VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE?! I decided not to get into this argument and have created a lovely, creamy and light cinnamon pudding <3
I love it because it has a very surprising taste and it brings some diversity into the chocolate/vanilla dominating world. So if you wish to create something different tonight, why not this lovely cinnamon treat? 🙂
The recipe below is intended for two servings, however if you’re going to be entertaining friends, I suggest you triple the recipe and pour the pudding into smaller beautiful glass or ceramic cups.
Ingredients (for 2 cups):
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 TSP of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP of ground cloves
- 2 TSP of desired sweetener
- 1 TBSP of powdered gelatin or agar-agar
- Pour the coconut milk in a pot and add the scraped vanilla bean, spices and the sweetener. Mix well.
- Sprinkle gelatin and mix again.
- Heat up the mixture on a very low temperature, so that the sweetener and gelatin dissolve, while mixing constantly.
- Pour your pudding into 2 cups and let it cool for a bit. Then move the cups into the refrigerator and let them cool down completely (it will take about an hour)